Tile cutting for others may seem like a fun task to do but without the proper tools, cutting a few tiles into squares can take a long time. Searching for the right laser cutters may seem easy in the beginning but upon checking the selections, people will realize that there are so many to choose from. It will be confusing so it will be a great idea to check out two products: Bosch GTL2 and Bosch GTL3. While they are made by the same company, they have different features that will appear to different people. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you will be able to pinpoint which one you think will work best for you.
Bosch GTL2 Laser Square
The Bosch GTL2 Laser Square has two lasers that can be used in order to create markings on various surfaces. The markings can be seen for up to 30 feet which makes it perfect to be used even from a distance. The laser chalk line will make it possible to be visible. It is also known to be accurate in order to use for level surfaces. This can be a great solution for all of your needs.
Advantages of the Bosch GTL2 Laser Square
- The batteries are not used up immediately. With some products, the AA batteries would need to be replaced just after a few times of usage but with this product, the AA batteries will last a good, long while.
- A lot of people who have used this product, me included, can say that this product is very easy to use. There is no need to read the manual for long period of time because just by looking at the controls, I already know what I should do in order to make it work. It is likely that the moment that you have this product too, you will understand the feeling too.
- This is perfect to use on the walls in order to make perfect squares. It would need to be placed on the wall with putty so that it will not fall on the floor for a certain period of time.
Disadvantage of the Bosch GTL2 Laser Square
- While this is a great product that I was able to use on the walls with ease, I had some trouble trying to use this product on the floor. The laser was a bit light on the floor so I could not see the squares perfectly. Although this can be improved, the product was good overall.
Bosch GTL3 Professional Tile Laser
- Since this is the professional version of the GTL2, it is only expected that this will perform better. The light of the laser is definitely stronger than the light projected by the GTL2. The light also falls well on the edges of each tile which makes it continuous.
- If this product will be used on the floor, there will be no problem at all. Doing floor jobs can be made easier with the use of this tool. In fact, it can subtract many hours of work since the light is still clear enough. This is different from the GTL2 wherein the light can barely be seen when used on the floor.
- Out of the two different Bosch products, the GTL3 is considered to be more accurate because it can have more precise measurements depending on what is being required. Due to this fact, a lot of people can safely say that the Bosch GTL3 is a better investment than the GTL2.
If you are going to use the tile laser for your walls and you are only going to do very basic stuff that will not require measurements that are perfect, the Bosch GTL2 may be the better option price wise but if you would like to invest and you would want a product that you can use for a long time, the Bosch GTL3 may be the better option.