Searching for the right laser distance meter is something that non professionals would probably think about because this is something that they will not use often. For people whose line of work would have to deal with doing some measurements, finding the right laser distance meter can become crucial. In fact, finding the right product can be a bit hard to do. It will be wise if people would check out the various products first. Most people usually find Leica and Tajima products useful so they narrow down their choices to the Leica Disto e7500i and the Tajima d510. If given a choice, which one are you going to choose? By the end of this article, you will hopefully have a decision.
Leica Disto e7500i Laser Distance Meter
The Leica Disto e7500i is one of the laser distance meters that people get to choose from probably because of its different features that can be very helpful. It is known to make work so much easier and can also provide accurate results every time. Knowing more about the benefits and advantages of this product may just assure you that this is the right product for you.
Advantages of the Leica Disto e7500i
- One of the biggest advantages of the Leica Disto e7500i is the fact that it has a Bluetooth smart technology which means that it can be used with various Apple devices particularly the phones and the pads. Whenever measurements are made with the Leica Disto e7500i, those measurements can be readily transferred to the apple device for easy safekeeping.
- If you are worrying that using the product during extreme weather conditions may be hard you have to remember that this product is not only waterproof, it is also dust and shock proof. It can withstand different weather conditions and can be used to deliver accurate results every time.
- Outdoor screen is also considered to be good enough. One of the main issues of the screens of distance measurers is that it will be hard to see the measurements when outdoors. Since the Leica Disto e7500i is built to be used outdoors, the measurements can be seen easily.
Disadvantage of the Leica Disto e7500i
- The main issue of the Leica Disto e7500i is that the battery can be drained very easily. This means that if this product is used for a prolonged period of time, the batteries would have to be replaced immediately. This can cost a lot of money in the long run.
Tajisma Disto D510
- While the Tajima Disto d510 is also known to be a good product, what makes it hard for people to use this is because the measuring units are different. If this product is going to be used in Canada or in USA, the Leica Disto e7500i is probably the best option.
- Since it comes from Japan, the shipping fee of this product may also prove to be higher than the Leica Disto e7500i which is available in Canada and the United States. Feature wise, there may be no need to spend a little extra on the Tajima anymore.
- It may also be harder to get parts of the Tajima Disto if in case it would need to be repaired. Unlike the Leica Disto e7500i wherein the parts of the product can be changed and repaired depending on the warranty if ever a problem occurs with the item.
Based on the things that are mentioned above, it is quite clear that the Leica Disto e7500i may be the better option of the two. Aside from the fact that not details are known about the Tajima Disto, it may not be worth it to spend extra money for the shipping from Japan. For those who are not living in the United States, this may be the best product to try since it has been made very similarly to the Leica Disto e7500i.